Sunday, March 1, 2009

the catcher in the rye


by J.D. Salinger, 1945

Most remembered:
‘One thing I like a lot, or one thing I just like?’
‘You like a lot.’
... ‘Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody’s around – nobody big, I mean – except me. And I’m standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody they don’t look where they’re going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That’s all I’d do all day. I’d just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it’s crazy, but that’s the only thing I’d really like to be. I know it’s crazy.’ ...

i don’t know what prompted me to buy this book as i always ‘judge a book by its cover’, i know it’s shallow but i can’t help it, i am attracted to nice book covers...  i guess it might be the title, i was curious to find out what’s a catcher in the rye.

3 comments:

Snowbrush said...

That's okay. I buy beer by how pretty the can is.

one little journey said...

glad to hear that o_<

Jo said...

the cover is not so bad lah. at least it's just typo